Project Lead’s message
Our goal to execute this project is “To improve Family Planning knowledge, positive attitudes, and practices by applying systematic and evidence-based Social and Behavior Change Communication Interventions and developing effective referral mechanisms & within the service delivery points supported through training and capacity building”.
Mr. Jawad Mansoor DGM Program – KFW SEW Punjab & PPIF
M. Alam Qureshi Head of Social Mobilization
Dr. Nazia Siddiqui Manager Program Support
- Increase uptake of modern contraceptives among young Married Women of Reproductive Age (MWRAs) of 15-29 years
- Increase accessibility to reliable and respectable FPRH information, counselling, products, and services.
- Develop an effective community-based referral mechanism
- Young MWRAs (15-29) Registration – Total Target is 98,143
- Young MWRAs Availing any FP method (30%) – Total Target is 29,443
- Young MWRAs LARC users (10%) – Total Target is 2,944
- Young MWRAs New users (20%) – Total Target is 5,889
- Trained 30 Female Service Providers on FP Advance
- Developed 07 Sitara Houses
- Conducted 04 Open Mic sessions/ Theater performance
- Orientation Meetings with 30 FMCG Retailers & 20 Chemist/Pharmacists have been conducted to improve the uptake of family planning services in the targeted communities
- Young MWRAs (15-29 age) Registered – 20,837
- Young MWRAs Availing any FP method – 3,965
- LARC users – 1,088
- Young MWRAs as new users – 943
About the Donor
Punjab Population Innovation Fund (PPIF) is a non-profit, public-sector company, established to render financial and technical assistance to innovative projects for population planning, improving access, and generating demand for family planning services. Sustainable growth in population is essential for equitable and inclusive economic growth and social development.
Four edutainments through open Mic sessions & theatre performances have been conducted. This activity was comprised of Open Mic interactive sessions and theatre performances. Open Mic session is one of the significant tools to address the audience and to provide a safe and conducive space to generate discussions, break stereotypes and spread adequate information among young people.