Balanced Energy Protein (Wellma)
Balanced Energy Protein (BEP) for malnourished women during the pregnancy and lactation period (PLWs) to improve nutrition outcomes The supplement serves to improve maternal health and pregnancy outcomes. Greenstar’s business strategy is to institutionalize and commercialize BEP supplements through four channels (Greenstar healthcare providers, healthcare practitioners, social mobilization, and chemists) within the urban market in selected districts – Rawalpindi and Korangi.
Continued Medical Education (CME) on “Women wellness during pregnancy and lactation”
Greenstar has been working on nutrient-specific intervention trials to show that changes in maternal nutrition can and do result in positive health benefits. With its initiative Wellma, Greenstar is pleased to introduce a Balanced Energy Protein (BEP) for expecting and nursing mothers. Nutritional needs rise during pregnancy and lactation to maintain maternal metabolism and the development of tissues essential for reproduction as well as for fetal and newborn growth and development. Our nationwide plan for health promotion and disease prevention defines quantifiable goals for child and mother nutrition improvement. The health of mothers and their newborns is our top priority.
- Training session about the need of better nutritional requirements for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
- Refresher training session for healthcare providers on Wellma.
- Visit at a provider’s clinic by donor team members and Wellma team of Greensta
- Round table discussion with Greenstar healthcare provider
- CEO Greenstar conducted training session on maternal malnutrition and how Wellma contributes to improve nutritional deficiencies of PLWs of Pakistan